Crumbs: Forums » Other TV Shows » Game of Thrones: Season One Unknowns
Critical reviews of U.S. TV shows
and analysis of what makes them
good, bad, irritating and enlightening.

Login | Forgot password | Register

X

What is OpenID?

OpenID is an Internet-wide identity system that allows you to sign in to many websites with a single account.

With OpenID, your ID becomes a URL (e.g. http://username.myopenid.com/). You can get a free OpenID for example from myopenid.com.

For more information visit the official OpenID site.

550 Posts in 248 Topics by 24 members

Jump to:

Other TV Shows

Forums » Other TV Shows » Game of Thrones: Season One Unknowns

Moderators: TheTVCritic

Page: 1 Go to End
Author Topic: Game of Thrones: Season One Unknowns 736 Views
  • Fluids
    Community Member
    307 Posts

Game of Thrones: Season One Unknowns Link to this post

I just finished watching all three past seasons of Game of Thrones and will be posting more stuff in the Forums preparing for Season Four next month (I will be commenting on that and intend on participating with phone ins for that as well.)

I was left with a bunch of unresolved questions at the end of each season.

Here's what I had from Season One.

If you care to comment I would love to hear what you have to say and please add your own questions here. (Please no spoilers or content from the books. I am not reading those yet. I just want to source the TV show.)

Where does 'Valyrian Steel' come from?

Will the Night's Watch ever find Benjen Stark alive?

Will Joffrey ever exact revenge on his uncle Tyrion
    for slapping him silly in the second episode of season one?

Will Joffrey ever be outed indisputably as a bastard of incest?

Dealt with strangely:

The White Walker/wight scout party that Samwell Tarly encountered at the end of Season One.
    Apparently they attacked a counter party from the Night's Watch and killed a whole lot of them.

Where was that battle?
    It was verbally mentioned as an afterthought.

Was all this done because there's more suspense in not seeing any of that then showing it for the grand battle later on that will no doubt ultimately occur between everyone in Westeros and the White Walkers?

From the very first episode (opening sequences), it appears the White Walkers move swiftly if they want to and can reanimate parts as well as whole human beings as wights.

Can body parts of a human be reassembled back into a complete person after death by White Walkers and then reanimated?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Game of Thrones: Threads at the TV Critic
    http://www.thetvcritic.org/forums/other-tv-shows/show/180
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• TheTVCritic
    Forum Moderator
    170 Posts

Re: Game of Thrones: Season One Unknowns Link to this post

Dunno how best to comment without being spoilery. You may find little response from others who are all at different stages of watching the show or reading the books

I'd be interested to know who you like and care about at the end of S1?

• Fluids
    Community Member
    307 Posts

Re: Game of Thrones: Season One Unknowns Link to this post

Tyrion:
    I love Tyrion! He feeds the fire between the characters. He's playful, very intelligent; manipulative; full tilt on wine, women and song; and has a soft spot in his heart for the Starks or anyone who is under the thumb of authority. His best weapon is his mind. He's had to face adversity every day of his life (including from his father and sister). He sees himself I think as an outsider and empathizes with Jon Snow. In a way his character helps define how Jon Snow feels to be a bastard. ('All Dwarves are bastards in the eyes of their father' I believe is what he said.) Perhaps that's what is missing from Jon Snow (See below.)

Ned:
    Ned was wonderfully potrayed by Sean Bean. I would have loved more of him and I love his character. He represented to me loyalty, family, honor, tradition and the life of a warrior lord. We got hints of his warrior savagery while he was watching Arya spar with Syrio Forel. The sound of swords was echoing in his mind. I loved how his disability to handle politics, his honor and disability to reading people caused his demise.

Syrio Forel:
    I hope he is alive! Seeing Meryn Trant in later episodes makes that possibilty slim to none. He represents to me grace under pressure with a little flair.

Robert Barathan:
    The would be the worn out warrior king. I liked how he knew how to fight to become a king but really didn't want to act like one. His death even wasn't very kingly, however savagely fitting for him. I loved his relationship though with Ned Stark.

Jon Snow:
    He's kind of undefined in some ways. Why did he decide to be a Man of the Night's Watch? Is it to give himself a honorable title that he never got from his father because he was a bastard?
    I don't have a problem with his overall acting, however something seems to be lacking with him (maybe it's the dialog) or the acting during some moments not sure. Other characters have been used to define and characterize Jon which might be why I feel that way. He does lead the plot a lot in the North which maybe why I am fascinated by him. He also is the man that would be king of House Stark or Kings Landing.

The child actors compared to The Walking Dead are incredible.

Bran:
    Bran as a character isn't as interesting to me, however the things he can see and his abilities are very interesting. Other than those things I don't really feel like I know him. We don't even have the opportunity to watch him struggle dealing with seeing Jaime with Cersei; or wanting to exact revenge on Jaime for trying to kill him.

Perhaps this is the shaping of Bran as a more religious or magical personae than a fighter?

Go to Top

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: