This is a living document to run up through Season 4. Wikias have way too much information and can spoil things and I wanted to reference (as I watch) a concise form and came up with this. There is lots of stuff missing (characters and places.) Please let me know of any corrections or additions and I will update this information. From here forward, I will save a version of this after each episode. Unfortunately I don't have time to go backwards and do this for every episode prior.
War of Five Kings
Territory House King Status
#1. King of The North: Robb Stark; Killed
#2. King of the Iron Throne: Baratheon of King's Landing (Lannister); Tommen Baratheon; Alive
(Territories now include The North and The Riverlands.) Tommen appears to be wiser than Joffrey. He is being mentored and manipulated by Tywin. I look at this as the Crown (still) being run by Tywin House Lannister.
#3. King in the Narrow Sea: Baratheon of Dragonstone; Stannis Baratheon; Alive
(Territories now include Stormlands. He is low on food, funds, troops and Morale. Davos is asking the Iron Bank of Braavos for a loan.)
#4. King in High Garden: Baratheon of Storm's End; Renly Baratheon; Killed
#5. King of the Iron Islands: Greyjoy; Balon Greyjoy; Alive
* Stannis was in charge of a Navy that defeated the Greatjoy Fleet a number of years before the War of the Five Kings so there has been bad blood between the Greyjoys and Stannis in the past. (S1E7.)
* Battle of the Blackwater: Lannisters held back the Baratheons and Tyrion has the scars to prove it.
* Stannis killed Renly using dark magic: Most of his followers at Storm's End sided with Stannis.
* House Tyrell is brokering for peace with a betrothal of Margaery to Joffrey Baratheon. That will firmly
put 'The Reach Kingdom' in the hands of Baratheon of King's Landing (Lannisters.)
* Red Wedding: Lannisters used the Freys and Boltons to kill Robb Stark (S3E9.)
* Purple Wedding: Joffrey is poisoned after his wedding to Margaery Tyrell at his wedding reception (S4E2.)
Speculative Anticipated Upcoming Events:
Attack on Moat Cailin by Ramsay Snow:
(Theon is to be used as leverage to get the Iron men out of the Moat.)
Attack on Dreadfort by Yara Greyjoy:
(Yara has taken 50 Troops and the fastest boat Balon has and is sailing around Westeros to rescue Theon.)
Attack on the Wall by the Wildlings:
(Does not pose an immediate threat to any of the Kings, however The Men of The Nights Watch would fall first (including the Gift). Lord Bolton would then lose the North before the Wildlings could make their way to other parts of the realm.)
Attack on Westeros by House Targaryen:
(Also doesn't pose an immediate threat. It's probably at least three years away. The Dragons need time to mature and Dany; as of this thread; only has between 10K and 20K troops. She's going to need a *lot* more than that to take Westeros. Renly Baratheon had 100K troops on his own at the beginning of Season Two. Then there is the logistics of getting her army from Essos to Westeros.)
Game of Thrones: Threads at the TV Critic