Crumbs: Forums » Other TV Shows » Game of Thrones: War of Five Kings (up to S4E8):
Critical reviews of U.S. TV shows
and analysis of what makes them
good, bad, irritating and enlightening.

Login | Forgot password | Register

X

What is OpenID?

OpenID is an Internet-wide identity system that allows you to sign in to many websites with a single account.

With OpenID, your ID becomes a URL (e.g. http://username.myopenid.com/). You can get a free OpenID for example from myopenid.com.

For more information visit the official OpenID site.

540 Posts in 242 Topics by 23 members

Jump to:

Other TV Shows

Forums » Other TV Shows » Game of Thrones: War of Five Kings (up to S4E8):

Moderators: TheTVCritic

Page: 1 Go to End
Author Topic: Game of Thrones: War of Five Kings (up to S4E8): 751 Views
  • Fluids
    Community Member
    303 Posts

Game of Thrones: War of Five Kings (up to S4E8): Link to this post

This is a living document to run up through Season 4. Wikias have way too much information and can spoil things and I wanted to reference (as I watch) a concise form and came up with this. There is lots of stuff missing (characters and places.) Please let me know of any corrections or additions and I will update this information. From here forward, I will save a version of this after each episode. Unfortunately I don't have time to go backwards and do this for every episode prior.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    War of Five Kings

Territory House King Status

#1. King of The North: Robb Stark; Killed

#2. King of the Iron Throne: Baratheon of King's Landing (Lannister); Tommen Baratheon; Alive
    (Territories now include The North and The Riverlands.) Tommen appears to be wiser than Joffrey. He is being mentored and manipulated by Tywin. I look at this as the Crown (still) being run by Tywin House Lannister.

#3. King in the Narrow Sea: Baratheon of Dragonstone; Stannis Baratheon; Alive
    (Territories now include Stormlands. He has 30 more ships due to Davos getting the Iron Bank of Braavos to give him a loan. It's unclear if he's headed for the Wall or King's Landing with a bunch of Sell Swords and Ships.)

#4. King in High Garden: Baratheon of Storm's End; Renly Baratheon; Killed

#5. King of the Iron Islands: Greyjoy; Balon Greyjoy; Alive (Lost Moat Cailin. Yara's attempt to rescue Theon was unsuccessful.)

Major Events:

* Stannis was in charge of a Navy that defeated the Greatjoy Fleet a number of years before the War of the Five Kings so there has been bad blood between the Greyjoys and Stannis in the past. (S1E7.)

* Battle of the Blackwater: Lannisters held back the Baratheons and Tyrion has the scars to prove it.

* Stannis killed Renly using dark magic: Most of his followers at Storm's End sided with Stannis.

* House Tyrell is brokering for peace with a betrothal of Margaery to Tommen Baratheon. That will firmly
    put 'The Reach Kingdom' in the hands of Baratheon of King's Landing (Lannisters.)

* Red Wedding: Lannisters used the Freys and Boltons to kill Robb Stark (S3E9.)

* Purple Wedding: Joffrey is poisoned after his wedding to Margaery Tyrell at his wedding reception (S4E2.)

*Stannis received a loan from the Iron Bank of Braavos (S4E6.) He now has:

4,000 troops; 32 ships; 30 ships hired from Salladhor Saan

Speculative Anticipated Upcoming Events:

Brienne and Podrick reaching the Vale.

Attack on the Wall by the Wildlings:
    Does not pose an immediate threat to any of the Kings, however The Men of The Nights Watch would fall first (including the Gift). Lord Bolton would then lose the North before the Wildlings could make their way to other parts of the realm.

Attack on Westeros by House Targaryen:
    (Not Yet.) Danaerys currently has:

8,000 Unsullied Troops
    2,000 Second Sons Troops
    Small # of Dothraki Troops or followers
    Unknown # of freed Yunkai Troops or followers
    3 Dragons
    The City of Meereen
    (She's defeated Astapor, Yunkai not sure if we should count Quarth.)

Game of Thrones: Threads at the TV Critic
    http://www.thetvcritic.org/forums/other-tv-shows/show/180

Go to Top

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: