This is a living document to run up through Season 5. Wikias have way too much information and can spoil things and I wanted to reference (as I watch) a concise form and came up with this. There is lots of stuff missing (characters and places.) Please let me know of any corrections or additions and I will update this information. From here forward, I will save a version of this after each episode. Unfortunately I don't have time to go backwards and do this for every episode prior.
War of Five Kings
Territory House King Status
#1. King of The North: Robb Stark; Killed
#2. King of the Iron Throne: Baratheon of King's Landing (Lannister); Tommen Baratheon; Alive
(Territories now include The North and The Riverlands.) Tommen appears to be wiser than Joffrey. He is being mentored and manipulated by Tywin. I look at this as the Crown (still) being run by Tywin House Lannister.
#3. King in the Narrow Sea: Baratheon of Dragonstone; Stannis Baratheon; Alive
(Territories now include Stormlands and North of the Wall. He has 30 more ships due to Davos getting the Iron Bank of Braavos to give him a loan. He's defeated the Wildlings by capturing Mance Rayder. He has loads of calvary and now 100K Wildlings that could add to his army.)
#4. King in High Garden: Baratheon of Storm's End; Renly Baratheon; Killed
#5. King of the Iron Islands: Greyjoy; Balon Greyjoy; Alive (Lost Moat Cailin. Yara's attempt to rescue Theon was unsuccessful.)
* Stannis was in charge of a Navy that defeated the Greatjoy Fleet a number of years before the War of the Five Kings so there has been bad blood between the Greyjoys and Stannis in the past. (S1E7.)
* Battle of the Blackwater: Lannisters held back the Baratheons and Tyrion has the scars to prove it.
* Stannis killed Renly using dark magic: Most of his followers at Storm's End sided with Stannis.
* House Tyrell is brokering for peace with a betrothal of Margaery to Tommen Baratheon. That will firmly
put 'The Reach Kingdom' in the hands of Baratheon of King's Landing (Lannisters.)
* Red Wedding: Lannisters used the Freys and Boltons to kill Robb Stark (S3E9.)
* Purple Wedding: Joffrey is poisoned after his wedding to Margaery Tyrell at his wedding reception (S4E2.)
*Stannis received a loan from the Iron Bank of Braavos (S4E6.) He now has:
4,000 troops; 32 ships; 30 ships hired from Salladhor Saan
*Stannis defeated Mance Rayder North of the Wall and his troops may now include 100K Wildling forces.
Speculative Anticipated Upcoming Events:
Brienne and Podrick reaching the Vale.
Attack on the Wall by the White Walkers and Wights
Attack on Westeros by House Targaryen:
(Not Yet.) Danaerys currently has:
8,000 Unsullied Troops
2,000 Second Sons Troops
Small # of Dothraki Troops or followers
Unknown # of freed Yunkai Troops or followers
The City of Meereen
(She's defeated Astapor, Yunkai not sure if we should count Quarth.)
Game of Thrones: Threads at the TV Critic