This is a living document to run up through Season 5. Wikias have way too much information and can spoil things and I wanted to reference (as I watch) a concise form and came up with this. There is lots of stuff missing (characters and places.) Please let me know of any corrections or additions and I will update this information. From here forward, I will save a version of this after each episode. Unfortunately I don't have time to go backwards and do this for every episode prior.
War of Five Kings
Territory House King Status
#1. King of The North: Robb Stark; Killed
#2. King of the Iron Throne: Baratheon of King's Landing (Lannister); Tommen Baratheon; Alive
(Territories now include The North and The Riverlands.) Tommen appears to be wiser than Joffrey. He is being mentored and manipulated by Cersei. I look at this as the Crown (still) being run by Tywin House Lannister.
#3. King in the Narrow Sea: Baratheon of Dragonstone; Stannis Baratheon; Alive
(Territories now include Stormlands and North of the Wall. He has 30 more ships due to Davos getting the Iron Bank of Braavos to give him a loan. He's defeated the Wildlings by capturing Mance Rayder. He has loads of calvary and now 100K Wildlings that could add to his army.)
#4. King in High Garden: Baratheon of Storm's End; Renly Baratheon; Killed
#5. King of the Iron Islands: Greyjoy; Balon Greyjoy; Alive (Lost Moat Cailin. Yara's attempt to rescue Theon was unsuccessful.)
* Stannis was in charge of a Navy that defeated the Greatjoy Fleet a number of years before the War of the Five Kings so there has been bad blood between the Greyjoys and Stannis in the past. (S1E7.)
* Battle of the Blackwater: Lannisters held back the Baratheons and Tyrion has the scars to prove it.
* Stannis killed Renly using dark magic: Most of his followers at Storm's End sided with Stannis.
* House Tyrell is brokering for peace with a betrothal of Margaery to Tommen Baratheon. That will firmly
put 'The Reach Kingdom' in the hands of Baratheon of King's Landing (Lannisters.)
* Red Wedding: Lannisters used the Freys and Boltons to kill Robb Stark (S3E9.)
* Purple Wedding: Joffrey is poisoned after his wedding to Margaery Tyrell at his wedding reception (S4E2.)
*Stannis received a loan from the Iron Bank of Braavos (S4E6.) He now has:
4,000 troops; 32 ships; 30 ships hired from Salladhor Saan
*Stannis defeated Mance Rayder North of the Wall and his troops may now include 100K Wildling forces.
Speculative Anticipated Upcoming Events:
Brienne and Podrick deciding to go search for Sansa at the Vale.
Attack on Winterfell (and the rest of the North) by Stannis his troops with some of the Wildlings
Attack on the Wall by the White Walkers and Wights
Attack on Westeros by House Targaryen:
(Not Yet.) Danaerys currently has:
8,000 Unsullied Troops
2,000 Second Sons Troops
Small # of Dothraki Troops or followers
Unknown # of freed Yunkai Troops or followers
The City of Meereen
(She's defeated Astapor, Yunkai not sure if we should count Quarth.)
Game of Thrones: Threads at the TV Critic