Crumbs: Forums » Other TV Shows » Walking Dead: Season Six: Episode Two: Just Survive Somehow
Critical reviews of U.S. TV shows
and analysis of what makes them
good, bad, irritating and enlightening.

Login | Forgot password | Register

X

What is OpenID?

OpenID is an Internet-wide identity system that allows you to sign in to many websites with a single account.

With OpenID, your ID becomes a URL (e.g. http://username.myopenid.com/). You can get a free OpenID for example from myopenid.com.

For more information visit the official OpenID site.

556 Posts in 250 Topics by 23 members

Jump to:

Other TV Shows

Forums » Other TV Shows » Walking Dead: Season Six: Episode Two: Just Survive Somehow

Moderators: TheTVCritic

Page: 1 Go to End
Author Topic: Walking Dead: Season Six: Episode Two: Just Survive Somehow 694 Views
  • Fluids
    Community Member
    311 Posts

Walking Dead: Season Six: Episode Two: Just Survive Somehow Link to this post

Walking Dead: Season Six: Episode Two: Just Survive Somehow

I gave this a 68.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Summary:

A cold opening reveals Enid's back story of tragedy with the loss of her parents and their mantra to her:
    Just Survive Somehow (JSS).

While Rick et company are leading the Walkers away from Alexandria, the Wolves pull off a surprise attack on the compound starting with the killing of a lady out smoking in front of her house.

Talk about a horrible anti smoking foreshadow joke (sparked off by a comment from Carol 'Smoking will Kill you' to the same woman in an earlier scene over a pantry conversation.)

Carol, Carl, Morgan, Maggie, Rosita, Jessie put up a heck of fight and score a Pyrrhic victory over the wolves;
    Deanna, Gabriel and Spencer cower.

Morgan decides to let five Wolves go packing guns; nice move...not...

It's a very brutal, relentless action packed episode.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Good:

*Loads of action and great fighting scenes.

*Horrific moments drilling home the brutality of the Wolves.

*Good set up for Morgan learning that sometimes you have to kill other humans; whether you like it or not. If you let those who need to be dealt with go; there will be consequences.

*Morgan let the two Wolves go last season and now look what has happened and how many people have died.

*What? he did again? He let the wolves go!...Again!! I am sure there will be consequences attached to that move as well.

*Carl has to kill; he must have remembered Rick's words. You are not safe...(Trust no one is implied.)

*Carol having to mercy kill an Alexandrian was weird combination of sympathy and pragmatic brutality.

*Jessie going ape shit on the Wolf in her den in front of her son was great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Bad:

*There is no suspense. There's just no time for it. You move from one action beat to the next at a certain point relentlessly. For me, horror with no suspense is just senseless violence without the emotional impact or terror it could have had. I am not sure it was because most of the characters killed were ones we didn't know or have any back stories or were given interactions on. In most cases you didn't even see their faces.

*A little over the top with the insane Wolf madly stabbing an Alexandrian and then looking insanely
    at the blood he used to put the 'W' on his forehead.

*Dr. Denise Cloyd trying to save the Alexandria who was losing too much blood had no suspense or drama
    because we didn't really know the patient that well.

*Since we don't really know what are the Wolves' motivations the attack is fairly meaningless other than underscoring what horrible people they are (leading a horrible way of life) and justifying Carol's no nonsense defensive stylings and counterattacks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Unknown:

*Where are walkers that are supposed to be encroaching on the compound?

*Wouldn't that have built up some suspense in this episode?

*Wasn't Morgan supposed to be at the side of the zombie parade?

*If he was, where are all the zombies? Am I missing something?

*How come Morgan got to the compound before Michonne, Glen or any of the other zombie herders?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.thetvcritic.org/forums/other-tv-shows/show/173
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Ben
    Community Member
    54 Posts

Re: Walking Dead: Season Six: Episode Two: Just Survive Somehow Link to this post

It's been a great 3 episode stretch thus far for the season, 3 intense episodes, although I'm slightly worried by the trailer for episode 4 that things will take a drastic shift in tone/pace.

Although I'm gonna be very annoyed if they do some awful cop-out for "that one character's death" (no spoilers, but you all know who im referring to) from episode 3.

Keeping my fingers crossed episodes 4-8 don't disappoint as they did in season 5.

• Fluids
    Community Member
    311 Posts

Re: Walking Dead: Season Six: Episode Two: Just Survive Somehow Link to this post

I agree Ben. The next one is supposed to be an hour and half long. I suppose that's to tie up zombie parade. I wonder who's judging this parade and who will win the prize for best float?

Go to Top

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: